Thursday 26 June 2014

The Writing Process Blog Hop!

The Writing Process Blog Hop. AKA “My Mission Statement.”

I've been tagged by YA writer, Alex Karola to be part of a blog hop!

You can find her here and on Wattpad


"My characters are 'successful losers.' They haven't realized the rest of the world doesn't see failure in them." Alex Karola

FYI, during the day Alex teaches high school English.

Ten Points for Ravenclaw!!


And now, * drumroll* I'm supposed to talk about my writing process...

*Makes face*

pinterest.com


1. What am I working on?
 


I recently finished the last edits for my YA coming of age novel, BUTTERFLIES DON'T LIE.

So now I have more time to devote to BLACK FRIDAY, the second book in the NIGHT SHIFT series. You can read that YA paranormal mystery for FREE on Wattpad. Go ahead...don't be shy.


2. How is my work different from others of its genre?

It's FREE! Plus, the MC is a dude. Not rare of course, but most paranormal romances are in the first person with a female lead. And I dig the creepy yet stylish mystery of the old department store. I hope you'll give it a chance.

3. Why do I write what I do?

I write because I have to. I write the stories I want to read. I write to stop the voices in my head.

4. How does my writing process work?

I sit in the chair and make myself keep writing sentences until I have enough of a mess to edit. I'm a fan of sticky notes. I have a simple outline of the major events. Before I write a scene, I list all the things that have to happen before the end of that chapter.

I'm a fan of cliffhangers too, but not too many in a row. Also, if your 'pickle of a situation' keeps ending with an easy solution, the cliffhangers will lose their effect. Readers want conflict!

Now I encourage you to check out the blogs of these other splendid people who will share their answers next week:

Ally Hayes

Lisa Ann O'Kane

Natalie Sampson


 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...