Friday 16 May 2014

Memorable Quotes from Favorite Literary Heroines

As much as I enjoyed The Amazing Spiderman 2, I'm still fuming over Hollywood's continued ignorance to the fact that every super hero (dear God, including the Green Lantern) has their own movie, except for ... Wonder Woman.


moviebeauty.wordpress.com
She's one of the originals! She had her own TV show! Where is her movie, Hollywood? Huh?

In order to soothe my temper I'm returning to the place I find solace ... books. You don't have to look too far to find a plucky heroine to make you forget about the narrow minded thinkers in L.A.

Here are some of the best quotes from my favorite literary heroines.

"I mean, you could claim that anything's real if the only basis for believing in it is that nobody's proved it doesn't exist!" Hermione GrangerHarry Potter and The Deathly Hollows

"There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will of others. My courage always rises at every attempt to intimidate me." Elizabeth BennetPride and Prejudice




tumblr.com


"At some point, you have to stop running and turn around and face whoever wants you dead.The hard thing is finding the courage to do it." Katniss Everdeen, Catching Fire

"Atticus was right. One time he said you never really know a man until you stand in his shoes and walk around in them. Just standing on the Radley porch was enough." Jean Louise (Scout) FinchTo Kill A Mockingbird

"I’m nobody’s sidekick." Annabeth Chase, The Mark of Athena

"My life is a perfect graveyard of buried hopes."  Anne Shirley, Anne of Green Gables


annesullivanmovies.com

"I have solved some mysteries, I'll admit, and I enjoy it, but I'm sure there are many other girls who could do the same.” Nancy Drew, Nancy's Mysterious Letter

"We are all tempted, Mma Potokwane. We are all tempted when it comes to cake." Precious Ramotswe, In the Company of Cheerful Ladies

And let's end with the lady of the hour shall we?

"We are never everything we wish to be, Superman. And rarely are we everything we appear to be." Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #226

Which one is your favorite?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...