Last week, I made a top ten list of favorite items I'd steal from books. Number one? Nancy Drew's blue convertible. Oh, yeah!
Now please enjoy...
Top Ten Scenes I'd
1. Mr. Darcy proposes to Elizabeth and she turns him down. BAM!
2. Every Christmas feast at Hogwarts.
3. When Anne hits Gilbert Blythe over the head with the slate. I'd holler from the back of the school house, "Go, redheads!"
4. The entire fifteenth chapter of THE PRISONER of AZKABAN when Harry wins the quidditch cup by beating Slytherin. AWESOME!!!
5. To be alongside Lucy when she walks through the wardrobe for the first time. Narnia!
6. Being rocked by Aunt Beast in A WRINKLE IN TIME. (I love a good nap in space.)
7. Front row at the Reaping Ceremony. When Primrose's name is called, I'd volunteer before Katniss, and therefore Peeta would fall in love with me....and Katniss can have Gale or whatever.
8. Go to the chocolate factory with Charlie and Grandpa Joe, then eat candy grass, mushrooms and tea cups with Willy Wonka.
9. When Elizabeth Bennet has the showdown with Lady Catherine de Bourgh in the garden.
"He is a gentleman and I'm a gentleman's daughter, therefore we are equal."
How Elizabeth kept her wits in this scene is beyond commendable.
10. When Laura Ingalls sees Almanzo Wilder for the first time in THE LONG WINTER. *heart swells* Even though she was more smitten with his friend, Cap Garland...still, I smile every time.
What are some of your favorite scenes?