Sunday 7 July 2013

Writer Of The Week!

You may have seen my post when I announced my two book deal with Nimbus Publishing. I've been writing for five years...FIVE years, people. Anywho, becoming a writer seemed like the logical thing to do after nursing for over twenty years (which I still do, by the way).

My mom, who has been tremendously supportive of every story and every character I've ever put on paper, tells anyone who will listen that she's not surprised, since I've been writing from an early age.

I don't remember this. I don't remember making exceptionally good marks in English, either. In fact, I was a lousy speller...still am.

What I do remember is Travis F. throwing up in grade two—he had hot dogs and grape juice for lunch that day, apparently. And I remember when the boy I had a huge crush on actually made eye contact during History class.

But, the writing stories bit? Not so much.

I always thought my mom was biased and exaggerated the degree of my talents, as good mom's usually do...until the other day when she sent me this.

Okay, actually my dad scanned it and e-mailed it to me, but it was my mom who had kept it all these years, stashed away in her cedar chest of treasures.




Oh my nerves.  This newspaper article is over thirty years old, folks.

Let the prophecy be fulfilled!!!

I have no idea what "The Rock Collection" was about, but I'm guessing from the genre it was short and spooky. It was probably also riddled with spelling mistakes. I'm glad I earned points for my house team, it kind of makes me feel a bit like Harry Potter, but without all the cool magic and stuff.

I guess it shows that even though I wasn't paying attention, my mom was.

Thanks, Mom.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously cool.

Unknown said...

Wow! That's awesome!

BR Myers said...

Thanks, guys!

Cheryl Koevoet said...

Love it, Bethany!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the book deal!

Laila N Mysis said...

Firstly: very cute new photo x) It's so different - for a second, I was like WHOAA WHO DAT GIRL? in a completely non-creepy way. But yeah. C'est pretty :)

Secondly, that is so cool and cute too x) I really wished you still had the story, though, I would love to read it ^_^ I hope I share a similar experience in the future :)

Mere Joyce said...

Wow, I completely missed your book deal news...HUGE congrats! I'm so excited for you!

A Malik said...

Cool. Bethany Bishop? wasn't it BR not BB?

BR Myers said...

Bishop is my maiden name. The R. is my middle initial. Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...