Monday 29 July 2013

Five Books That Made Me Cry

Oh my, nothing better than a good cry over fictional characters, especially if you're on an airplane or waiting in the doctor's office....*ahem*

Anyway, if you're in need of a good emotional heart wrenching sob, check these titles out.

owltellyouaboutit.com


#1. The Fault In Our Stars

It's not the fact that the kids have cancer, it's that they fall in love so beautifully. I knew it wouldn't end well, yet I kept reading...I HAD to! And even though I can go back and read it all over again, in my heart, that character is gone. *sobs*

#2. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

In particular Chapter 13 

Every frickin' time I read this I cry...tears of JOY! Harry saves the day and manages to look cook in front of Cho Chang when he catches the snitch during a particularly troublesome Quidditch match. Plus, he produces a patronus so strong Malfoy and his cronies end up in the infirmary. *fist pump*

#3. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

The ending...just stop. I can't. My kids and I cried together at bedtime reading this one.

#4. Anne of Green Gables

One word. Matthew. *sniff*

#5. A Fine Balance

So many heartbreaking moments. It's not necessarily a crying book, but more like the author reaches through your chest and twists your heart, squeezing it tightly. The ending scene with the chess set and the speeding train lingered with me for a long time after I closed the book.



Which books made you cry?  

5 comments:

Jaime Morrow said...

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS totally made me cry. Gah! So sad. When Matthew dies in ANNE OF GREEN GABLES, specifically the movie version, I definitely get choked up. You really get attached to him. I'm currently read A FINE BALANCE, and while I haven't yet cried, I've been stunned by some of the horrible things that have transpired. Such a good book, but man, there are some seriously hard parts to read.

Anonymous said...

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS choked me half to death by the end.

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS.

THE BOOK THIEF.

JANE EYRE.

All made me sob. And I love a book that makes me sob.

Katy Upperman said...

Because I am definitely not a crier, the only book that's ever made me tear up is STONE FOX. But, I recently read EDWARD TULANE and it moved me profoundly. I'm still thinking about it, and I'm going to go back to the library to check it out again so my daughter and I can read it together. Such a beautiful story!

Laila N Mysis said...

I've read three on this list ^_^ And I'm not REALLY a crier either, but I can get a bit teary. And OMG, I SECOND THE BOOK THIEF. YES. YES. Real tearjerking stuff. Even The Boy In The Striped Pajamas. And I feel like from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban onwards, they all have some tear jerking moments.

Unknown said...

The fault in our stars made me weep like a baby ! It was so beautiful.. and sad ! *sigh*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...