Thursday 21 February 2013

The Three Novels That Caught Oscar's Attention

This Sunday the red carpet will be rolled out for Hollywood's elite. Three of the six nominees for Best Picture are based on novels. If you haven't had a chance to see the movies yet, this is your opportunity to dive into some fabulous stories.

And since the authors hardly ever get a mention on Oscar night, the least you can do is buy their novel.

Last year I nearly went through the television when everyone who accepted an award for HUGO, never once uttered the name, Brian Selznik. I guess an increase in sales is acknowledgement enough.

And the nominees are...

Life of Pi





The Silver Linings Playbook








Les Miserables







Personally, I'm rooting for Life of Pi, not only because Yann Martel is Canadian (hooray) but it is an amazing story with scenes that will stay with you long after you read the last page. I haven't seen the movie yet because I loved the book so much.

Do you have a favorite book you'd like to see made into a movie? Besides your own, that is ;)

3 comments:

Laila N Mysis said...

Life of Pi, ftw!!! ♥

I donno, Silver Linings Playbook just doesn't capture my attention, but I do intend to read Les Mis one day. One day. The problem with it being 1000+ pages or something? I don't have time for that commitment just yet ^_^

Unknown said...

I keep seeing ads for Life of Pi with a huge tiger on a lifeboat with a skinny guy, and I think, "Well, that's gonna be a short movie." lol

Carissa said...

Yay Life of Pi! I don't know why there were so many haters. I really loved that book. I'm not Canadian, but I did do my undergrad in Canada, so that makes me like honorary Canadian, no?

Fun blog! (and super jealous that you are from Anne of Green Gable's hometown!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...