|Dude, where's the bathroom?|
photo credit, publishingtrendsetter.com
I'm not one to dwell on the negative uglies that invade my otherwise content day to day philosophy, so I've developed some coping strategies to help me get through the rest of the week. And it's been so successful I'd like to share them with you. Here are the top five ways to pretend you're at BEA.
1. Use your drivers license to make your own lanyard with shoelaces and scotch tape. This must be worn ALL week, even in the shower.
2. Take a big tote bag to the library, fill it up with hardcovers, then invite all the librarians out for martinis.
3. Go to the biggest bookstore, make a fort with all the pretty new releases, and then take pictures with your iPhone.
photo credit, vi.sualize.us
4. With one of your favorite books under your arm, wait in line at the DMV, then ask the teller to sign Veronica Roth's name on the inside cover.
5. Stand all day in really cute but really uncomfortable shoes, discussing the pros and cons of e-books while complaining how dehydrated you are. (too many martinis)
And because I'm so bad at math, here's a bonus...
Repeat phrases like, "OMG, I met you on twitter!" "I totally love your cover." "Can I borrow a pen?" "Her sweater set rocks!"
Do you have any other ideas for surviving BEA week as an outsider?